Monday, June 18, 2012

One More Happy Father's Day card

ok so I'm a day late in sending this card out.. I know, bad me, but I meant to get it done earlier and last week just got waaay too crazy. So I'll be at least sending it out tomorrow. It's a Father's Day card for my father in law. So I went with a super guy/masculine card.. the works- blue, stars, and distressing.
I used the CPS sketch #270 for this card.
Played along with Day 110: Round at  365 Cards. I actually made a round card, something I don't do much, added bling circles, and had come circles in the scallop sticker I used.
I also used some Glitz papers from the Vintage Blue collection which are great for a guy card. So I played along with the June Glitz challenge.

I used the inspiration photo from Inspired by #28 to go masculine, grungy and use the colors from it :

Lastly, this goes towards my My Scraps & More mini challenge #1:
something old- CS and bling
something new- pack of alphas
something borrowed- CPS sketch #270
something blue- Glitz papers

 
So don't judge me cuz I'm a late card sending.. better late then never right???
Happy Monday!!!!!

9 comments :

Laurel said...

I love, love, love this card! Such a perfect masculine card and I love the shape.

DoBea A. said...

I love this card Wendi!

Rose said...

ok now i see how to use that photo!! had me stumped!!

he will love this even if it is late :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!! LOVING the circle shape and the stars!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great card, yeah for playing along with the 365 Cards Round Challenge, love that I made a rectangular card and you made a round one :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the way you adapted the CPS sketch. Blessings!

Jennie said...

Fab design using the CPS sketch this week! Thanks for playing along with us!

Kristii said...

What a fun card!! So perfect for Father's day!

Lea L. said...

This is such a lovely card!! Love the circle shape and awesome Glitz product! Congratulations on WINNING the June Glitz Design blog challenge! Be sure to check out the blog for all the details!!